Video: 12 Truck Driving School Tips Straight From C1 Students
Beginning truck driving school can be an overwhelming experience for some students at first. After all, operating an 18-wheeler with a big diesel engine isn’t exactly easy. To help you prepare, we talked with some students and asked them to share their top tips for making the most of your time at truck driving school.
Watch the video below for the Top 12 Tips You Need Right Now!
Here’s an overview of the tips featured in this video:
- Breathe. Focus on the task at hand – getting your CDL.
- Keep an open mind.
- Research the school you’re going to before you leave. Make sure you’re attending the truck driving school that best suits your needs. Don’t forget to bring all necessary items and documentation with you!
- Listen to the instructors. C1 instructors all have several years of truck driving experience. Take what they teach and apply it to your training.
- Make sure you’re ready to absorb a lot of information. Volumes of material will be thrown at you very quickly during training. Soak up everything you can.
- Stay committed. You didn’t come all this way to fail! Remember your goal of becoming a professional truck driver and do everything in your power to ensure you reach that goal.
- Study before you get to truck driving school. We recommend picking up your state’s CDL manual and driver’s license handbook, as well as using an online study tool like eGears. Review all three of these methods before arriving at school in order to be better prepared for training.
- Be ready for whatever comes up. You never know what might happen at school. Be prepared for anything that might be thrown your way.
- Be prepared to do things you’ve never done before. This will be a brand new experience for most people, one you must put your all into.
- Stay relaxed.
- Don’t stress yourself out. Everyone learns differently and at their own pace. Don’t beat yourself up if you’re not picking something up as quickly as someone else is.
- Relax – enjoy the ride. Last but not least, make sure to have fun during CDL training!
Do You Have Some Tips of Your Own?
What are some tips YOU can give to students enrolling in truck driving school? Share them with us in the comment section below!