Post by Rich Campbell

About Rich Campbell

Number of years as C1 Director: 1 year

Hobbies: Landscaping work, running and watching sports

What was your first experience in the trucking industry?

I grew up the son of a truck driver, and my very earliest childhood memories are of being in awe of the trucks, and what my Dad was able to accomplish behind the wheel.

What qualities do you bring to C1 Truck Driver Training?

Attention to detail, and many years of managing multiple projects.

Words to live by…

"10% of life is what happens to you… The other 90% is how you respond to it."

My Google+ Profile

Springfield Truck Driving School Story – “My Good Time at C1″

Title: My Good Time Graduation Date: 5/14/2012 I went to C1 as a way to make a better life for me and my family. I never thought I could do it until I got there and had all the great help I got from Mike and Doug. It’s something I will remember for the rest [...]

C1 Truck Driver Training Review: “A New Career!”

Title: A New Career! Grad Date: 10/11/13 I was unemployed and looking for work when my son-in-law suggested I get my class A Commercial Driver’s License and drive over the road, I started looking into CDL training schools and made several calls looking for the right school. From the first call to C1 in Springfield [...]

Rob’s Trucking School Review: “Keeping an Open Mind”

Title: Whoo! Graduation date: 6/13/13 Well here is my story. I am 23 years old. I’ve been around big trucks for a very long time. I decided that I wanted to get my CDL and hit the road. I found PAM Transport and got set up with Driver Solutions. I spoke with my rep from [...]

Alleviating Safety Hazards by Conducting a Proper Pre-Trip Inspection

One thing you’ll hear repeatedly while you’re in CDL training is this:  “Know your pre-trip.” Let’s take a few moments to understand what that really means. In order to get your CDL in Missouri, you must pass three practical exams:  your pre-trip inspection, your backing skills test, and your road driving test. All three hold [...]

Video: Veteran CDL Training Programs in Springfield, Missouri

As a retired Navy person, and Director here at C1 Truck Driver Training, I get invited to participate in various activities designed to educate our Veterans on the programs and opportunities available for them out there.  Last Friday, I had the privilege to participate in a Veterans Resource Event at the University of Central Missouri.  [...]

A Real Life Example of Why Truck Driver Safety is Important

Our very own Rich Campbell was featured in a recent local news story about a tragic semi truck accident in Republic, Missouri that resulted in a double fatality. The Accident The accident occurred when a semi truck traveling 19 miles over the speed limit crashed into the back of a car stopped at an intersection. [...]

Making a Truck Driving Career Change Later in Life

Many students come to CDL training to learn the skills needed to start a 2nd or even a 3rd career at a later stage in life.  You can make a truck driving career change well into your adult life and there are still plenty of opportunities available. We see folks from all walks of life [...]

Teamwork Creates Success in Truck Driving Jobs

As you’re contemplating making that jump into truck driver training and start asking all those good questions, you’re probably going to hear a lot about being out there alone on the road.   People are gonna talk about the isolation, and the freedom to “be your own boss.”  While statements such as these certainly bear some [...]

C1 Trucking School Review – “The Best 3 Weeks of My Life”

Title: “Best 3 Weeks of my Life” My instructors Perry, DJ, and Dan were the three main guys I talked with the most. Perry and Dan in the classroom, and DJ for my driving and skills training. I asked DJ to push me, and he did! Thanks to everyone there I graduated two days early. [...]

The Underappreciated Professional Truck Driver

Too often, truck drivers are underappreciated because the majority of people simply don’t realize what it takes to do the job.  I routinely tell students here at C1 Springfield that the easiest part of being a professional truck driver is driving a truck.  What does that mean??  The singular act of driving a tractor trailer [...]