Post by Rich Campbell

About Rich Campbell

Number of years as C1 Director: 1 year

Hobbies: Landscaping work, running and watching sports

What was your first experience in the trucking industry?

I grew up the son of a truck driver, and my very earliest childhood memories are of being in awe of the trucks, and what my Dad was able to accomplish behind the wheel.

What qualities do you bring to C1 Truck Driver Training?

Attention to detail, and many years of managing multiple projects.

Words to live by…

"10% of life is what happens to you… The other 90% is how you respond to it."

My Google+ Profile

Team Truck Driving vs. Solo Driving – Which Is For Me?

Now that you’ve decided that you’re going to take up a career in trucking, you need to determine what area of the industry best suits your needs.  There are many different types of freight to be hauled — produce, auto parts, appliances, building materials, chemicals, livestock.  You get the idea.  As the old saying goes, [...]

Becoming A Trucking School Director – Rich’s Truck Driving Story

As someone that’s relatively new to C1 Truck Driver Training, I look back on my time here and think about how I arrived.  I grew up as the only son of a truck driver (with 4 sisters) and was in, on, around, and under trucks my entire life.  I had a deep interest and fascination [...]

CDL Training During the Holidays – Why It’s a Good Idea

There are many things to consider as you ponder some tough decisions with respect to making big changes in your life. With the holiday season approaching, it makes it a little tougher to figure out the right way forward. Why would someone want to attend CDL training with the holiday season coming up? Sometimes you [...]

DREAD Going to Work Every Day? Not After Truck Driver Training!

Title: Great Instructors Graduation Date: 8/9/12 All the instructors there at C1 Truck Driver Training in Springfield, MO did a great job in helping me learn the skills I needed to enter a life changing career and I’d like to thank them all. When I came to the school for the first time, I had [...]

Springfield Truck Driver Training Review – Paula Killingsworth

Title: Wow!! Graduation Date: 7/10/2012 When I went to C1 Truck Driver Training, all I had was the desire to learn how to drive a big truck. I wanted it and was willing to work for it. I met the staff and knew I had come to the right place. When I actually had the [...]

Springfield C1 Truck Driver Training Review – “I’m On My Way!”

Title: On my way! Graduation Date: 6/22/2012 I wanted to get a Class A CDL because driving a school bus with about 3 months off a year just wasn’t cutting it. As a person who absolutely loves road trips, this seems like the perfect job for me. At C1 Truck Driver Training, I received instruction [...]

Springfield Truck Driver Training Review – Corey Hart

Title: My C1 Experience Graduation Date: 6/24/2012 I do not know where to begin. I have been pondering obtaining my CDL ever since I retired from the Army. I bounced around for a while between a few police departments, and even worked at a hospital as a nurse before I took the plunge and started [...]

C1 Springfield Contests – Grad of the Month & Instructor of the Month

We launched it at our Indianapolis campus last month and had such success with it, that now we’re bringing our C1 Grad of the Month contest to Springfield! We’ve had a lot of activity on our C1 Springfield Facebook page over the last few months and wanted to reward you for being such great Facebook [...]

“Sweat & Tears” – C1 Springfield Truck Driver Training Review

Title: Sweat and Tears Graduation Date: 6/7/2011 I have always known that at some point in my life, I would at least try to become a professional driver. I grew up around it for the majority of my life and the road was in my blood, so the shift from passenger to that of a [...]

Truck Driving School Review from C1 Springfield, MO

Title: I did it! Graduation Date: 5/15/2012 On April 23, 2012, I started C1 Driver Training in Springfield, MO. I didn’t have a clue how to drive a truck and I was nervous. From Day 1, the C1 Staff in Springfield worked hard to make us all comfortable with the training. However, the nervousness grew. [...]